Abstracts are welcome from members and non-members. All abstracts are to be submitted as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any abstract received after the deadline will not be considered. The abstract must be written and submitted in English language (word formats, times new roman, font size 12), not more than 250 words excluding the title and author’s name(s) and a maximum of five keywords. The title should be in bold capital letters followed by the full name(s) (surname first), address (es), of authors including email and phone number of the corresponding author.
Instruction for Authors
1. It is a requirement that the author(s) of a paper should be member(s) of the Nigerian Statistical Association (NSA). Nonmembers may also submit papers for possible publication in the Journal. However, they will have to register as members before their papers are published.
2. All manuscripts must be original and set in Microsoft Word in double spacing with 1” margins on all sides on A4 size with a typeface of Time New Roman and font size 12. The manuscripts must not have been submitted to any other Journal for publication. All equations must be typed using Equation Editor.
3. The title of a manuscript should be descriptive, concise and capture the theme as clearly as possible.
4. The Names(s) and address(s) of the author(s) should be given below the title of each manuscript and on a separate page. The e-mail address of the corresponding author must be clearly identified on this page.
5. Each manuscript should have a single paragraph abstract placed on the first page with no mathematical expressions. This page should also carry the title of the manuscript.
6. Titles for Figures and Tables should be placed below and at the top of the Figures/Tables respectively. Diagrams should be prepared in a form suitable for direct reproduction. Formulas should be numbered consecutively with section number and equation number in brackets appearing on the right-hand side margin.
7. In the text of the paper, reference should be cited by just writing the name of the author followed by the year of publication in parentheses, such as Nworgu (2011), Oseni and Adepoju (2011) or Osuji et al. (2011) for more than two authors.
The list of the references at the end of the paper should correspond to those cited in the text and arranged in alphabetical order of names by year. Each reference should have: Name of author(s) followed by year of publication in bracket, title of the paper (or textbook) and journal where the paper is published, volume of the journal and pages. E.g. Nworgu, E.C. (2011). A Comparative Performance of Several Robust Discriminant Analysis Procedures, Journal of Nig. Stat. Assoc., Vol. 23, pg. 36-55.